Instead of paying high fees to belong to a gym, many people choose to exercise at home. Along with saving money, it allows them to work out when they have time, and they don’t need to drag the kids to the gym with them.
If you like to ride a bike, you can purchase one that’s stationary to ride at home whenever the weather is bad. Use this information to find the best upright exercise bike for your needs.
- 1 Types of Exercise Bikes
- 2 How We Chose Our Ratings
- 3 Top 10 Best Upright Exercise Bikes
- 3.1 Xterra Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike 4.8 Stars
- 3.2 L NOW Indoor Cycling Bike 4.6 Stars
- 3.3 Harvil Foldable Magnetic Exercise Bike 4.6 Stars
- 3.4 Schwinn 170 Upright Bike 4.4 Stars
- 3.5 Xspec Foldable Stationary Upright Exercise Bike 4.4 Stars
- 3.6 Xspec Foldable Stationary Upright Exercise Bike 4.3 Stars
- 3.7 Marcy Folding Exercise Bike 4.2 Stars
- 3.8 Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike 4.2 Stars
- 3.9 No products found. 4.2 Stars
- 3.10 ProGear 100S Exercise Bike/Indoor Training Cycle 4.1 Stars
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
Types of Exercise Bikes
When shopping for an exercise or stationary bicycle for your home, you will find several different kinds. You’ll have a choice of:
- Upright exercise bikes
- Recumbent exercise bikes
- Semi-recumbent bikes
- Fan exercise bikes
- Magnetic bikes
- Belt-driven bikes
The top 10 exercise bikes that we are reviewing are upright exercise bikes, with some models that are suitable for spinning. This information should help you select the best one for your needs.
How We Chose Our Ratings
While researching upright exercise bicycles to choose the top 10, we looked into upright bikes to learn about their features and the types that are available for use at home. We also read testimonials from people who bought upright bikes for exercising at home.
Once we gathered the information we needed, each of the top 10 picks received a star rating from one to five stars, with five stars being the best rating.
Top 10 Best Upright Exercise Bikes
Here is our list of the upright exercise bikes that we’ve chosen as the 10 best choices after careful consideration.
- This item benefits from an Extended 90 Day Return Window
- Solid x-frame design folds to just 18. 1" x 18. 1" of floor space when not in use
- Large anatomically designed seat and multi-grip padded handlebars are designed for long lasting comfort and support
If you want a simple exercise bike that will help you get into and stay in shape, then this Xterra Fitness Bike may be a great choice for you. It has a small profile and folds, so it can be put away when it’s not in use. When folded, it only takes up 16.75” x 18” of space.
The bike has a small LCD monitor on the handlebars that is easy to read. It provides information about your speed, the distance and time you’ve ridden, your heart rate and how many calories have been burned.
The large knob on the frame adjusts the resistance, so you can select one of the eight settings to make pedaling more difficult to burn more calories. It’s magnetic resistance bike, so it moves smoothly and quietly while riding it.
The frame only weighs 32 pounds, but it has wheels for moving it. It has an oversized seat to make sitting on it comfortable for users up to 225 lbs. The manufacturer provides a one-year warranty on the frame and 90 days for parts.
L NOW Indoor Cycling Bike 4.6 Stars
- Equipped with a 22lbs bidirectional flywheel, your riding will be so smooth.
- 2-way adjustable handlebar and 4-way adjustable seat.
- With A LCD monitor, you can track your Speed/Time/Distance/Calories/Odometers/Pulse.
This exercise bike by L NOW has belt-driven resistance, so when you turn the knob on the frame, the brake grabs the belt to supply the resistance you need to burn more calories. It also has a smooth, quiet ride as you pedal.
To keep track of your workout, it has an LCD monitor that displays the time, speed, distance, and the miles you’ve ridden. Plus, it also reads out your pulse and the calories you’ve burned while exercising. The handlebars are padded for comfort and can be gripped in several places.
The bike weighs 77 lbs. and has wheels for moving it from one area to another. The seat is adjustable for a rider’s comfort, and it is rated for users that weigh up to 280 lbs. This model is suitable for spinning.
Harvil Foldable Magnetic Exercise Bike 4.6 Stars
- UPGRADED FEATURES - The new Harvil exercise bike displays the distance in miles and has stronger straps to avoid foot...
- DIGITAL MONITOR, HEART RATE SENSOR AND QUIET FLYWHEEL - This bike can be folded for transport and storage. It has a...
- 10-LEVEL MAGNETIC RESISTANCE, ADJUSTABLE SEAT WITH BACKREST AND ANTI-SLIP PEDALS - Adjust resistance and seating...
This Harvil upright exercise bike provides 10 levels of magnetic resistance to help users improve their stamina. Along with an adjustable seat, and the seat also has a backrest. A backrest provides additional support for the rider as they exercise.
When not in use, the bike can be folded and put away in a closet or a corner of the room with the aid of transport wheels. The digital display shows the heart rate, calories, time, speed, and distance so you can track your exercise goals.
The foldable frame weighs 44 lbs., but it can hold users who weigh up to 330 lbs. It comes with a 90-day warranty, and the bike is available in aqua or peach.
Schwinn 170 Upright Bike 4.4 Stars
- With enhanced Bluetooth connectivity, users can set, track and monitor progress with popular app-based tracking tools
- Access the Explore the World app and digitally immerse yourself in a world of virtual courses, exotic locales, and...
- Fully-loaded console with DualTrack blue backlit LCD screens display 29 workout programs
Schwinn is one of the most recognizable names for bicycles in the United States. Along with outdoor bicycles, they also make exercise bikes. Their 170 Upright Bike has more advanced features than similar uprights on the market.
Along with displaying information like speed, distance, time, or heart rate, the dual track LCD monitor allows you to choose one of the bike’s 29 preset programs for working out. It features Bluetooth connectivity and apps can be downloaded to work with a virtual personal trainer or see bike routes it is simulating from around the world.
The bike provides 25 levels of resistance with a weighted perimeter flywheel that offers high speeds and inertia. The adjustable seat is padded and contoured for comfort, and the angle of the padded handlebars can be adjusted too. It has a USB charging port, an MP3 port, and in-console speakers.
- The universal heavy-duty steel frame has 3 levels that can be adjusted with the pull of a knob to work comfortably for...
- Large ergonomic seat cushion provides max comfort. The vertically adjustable seat helps accommodate a wide variety body...
- Folds for storage and can moved with the included transportation wheels. The compact size makes it perfect for small...
If you need the best upright exercise bike that folds up, then the Xspec Foldable Stationary bike may fit your needs. It only weighs 32 lbs., but it can hold riders weighing up to 220 lbs. The bike folds to make it easy to put away in a closet or a corner of a room.
It has a padded seat that fits any size rider, and it can be adjusted to the rider’s height. The handlebars have a built-in pulse monitor to track your heart rate. The stationary bike offers eight levels of magnetic resistance with a knob to adjust it beneath the handlebars.
The monitor displays the speed, time, and distance you’ve ridden, plus the number of calories that you’ve burned. The steel-framed bike is available in fun colors like blue, orange, lime, and pink.
- sport type: Cycling. Space Saving Design: This compact bike can be easily folded to half of the assembled size. Can be...
- This item benefits from an Extended 90 Day Return Window
- LCD Display: An easy to read large window (3.3”W x 1.5”H) LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned,...
This Exerpeutic folding upright bike saves space in your home because after folding it, it has transport wheels that you can use to move it. When it is folded, the bike becomes half its size. It is made to use on hard flat floors and not carpet.
The bike has eight magnetic resistance levels to challenge your stamina. Although it only weighs almost 43 pounds, it can hold users who weigh up to 300 lbs. The large padded seat is adjustable for people from 5’ 3” to 6’ 1” tall.
The 3” monitor has large numbers to help you read the speed, distance, and time you’ve exercised, along with the calories you’ve burned. It can also display your heart rate when you use the sensor on the bike’s handlebars. The frame is covered by a one-year warranty, and the parts are covered for 90 days.
Marcy Folding Exercise Bike 4.2 Stars
- EXCELLENT CARDIO WORKOUT - The fat-blasting cardio offered by this exercise device is significant, as each pedal targets...
- ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE - This bicycle has a manually adjustable resistance that offers various degrees of exercises. With...
- FOLDABLE - The exercise utility is designed to fold compactly with its advanced frame design that allows for easier...
The Marcy Folding Exercise Bike is made to give riders a good cardiovascular workout, plus strengthen and tone the legs. It does this by providing eight levels of magnetic resistance for increasing the difficulty of your ride to build muscle, stamina, and burn calories.
It features an LCD screen that displays information with which to track your workouts. It reads out the time, distance, and speed you’ve ridden, as well as the calories you’ve burned. The bike is made from 14-gauge steel, so it is durable enough to hold users who weigh up to 250 lbs.
The padded seat is adjustable for riders from 5’ 1” tall to those who are 6’ 3”. The pedals are adjustable as well. When you’re done with the bike, you can fold to store it or put it out the way until you use it again. It comes with a limited two-year warranty for the frame.
- Start an in-home cardio workout with the SF-B901 Pro Indoor Cycling Bike by Sunny Health & Fitness.
- Sturdy Flywheel: The 40-pound chrome flywheel is designed to maintain momentum smoothly as you cycle on the cardio...
- Resistance: Increase resistance or come to a complete stop in a flash with the friction resistance knob. Use the...
If you want an exercise bike in your home for spinning, then the Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike could be a good choice. It is made with a heavy gauge steel frame, which weighs 97 lbs. It also has a heavy crank that provides durability for your exercise method.
It can be customized to fit users who weigh up to 275 lbs. and it fits those with have a maximum inseam of 41”. The padded seat and handlebars can be adjusted for comfort. The bike has a chain drive system that easily adjusts to the various resistance levels, and a 40 lb. chrome flywheel. The frame has a one-year warranty, and the parts come with a 90-day warranty.
No products found. 4.2 Stars
No products found.
The PLENY Upright Stationary Exercise Bike is made with magnetic resistance, which provides 16 resistance levels. It also has two resistance bands attached to the frame, so you can work your upper body while pedaling to work out your lower body.
The seat, which has back support, is padded for comfort and is adjustable for riders who have a leg length of at least 29”. The handlebars are designed for comfort and have a pulse sensor to monitor your heart rate.
Information that appears on the LCD display includes the time, distance, speed, and calories you’ve burned, along with your heart rate. This bike folds up when you’re not using it and is easy to move on its transport wheels.
- Up to 250 lbs user weight capacity. Chain Driven to simulate road bike exercise
- Heart Pulse sensors will enable you to stay within your personal heart rate zone. LCD computer with readouts of calories...
- 4 way seat adjustment. The cushioned ergonomic seat will adjust forward/backward and up/down
If you’re usually a road cyclist, you can keep up with your exercise routine in bad weather by purchasing the ProGear 100S Exercise Bike/Indoor Training Cycle. It has a chain driven system to simulate a road bike while you’re exercising.
It can be adjusted to provide more resistance to give you a better workout. The knob also acts as an emergency brake by pressing down on it. The seat has four adjustments to fit taller riders and people who weigh up to 250 lbs.
The handlebars feature a pulse sensor, and you can read your heart rate on the small LCD monitor, along with the calories you’ve burned, the time, speed, and distance of your workout. This bike has a one-year frame warranty and 90-days for parts.
To find the best upright exercise bike for your needs, you should consider several factors.
Your Physical Needs
Before shopping for an exercise bike, consider your physical needs. If you are an older person, obese, or have a bad back or knees, then a recumbent bike may be the best choice for you. However, if you’re in good shape, then an upright bike should suit your needs.
Do You Want Simplicity or Something Advanced?
Many exercise bikes use advanced technology to simulate bike trails or include exercise routines with varying levels of difficulty to help users get into better condition. They have large monitors that keep track of the miles they cycle, heart rate, timers, and MP3 jacks for listening to recorded music or books.
If you don’t need anything that advanced, you can choose an exercise bike with a simple monitor that displays an odometer and pulse sensor to keep track of your mileage and heart rate.
Check Bike Weight and Weight Limit
It is important to buy a stationary bike that is going to remain steady while working out on it. A heavier bike is going to be steadier, so check the weight of the bikes from which you’re choosing. Heavy exercise bikes have wheels to make them easier to move.
Also, check the weight limit that the bike will hold. If you’re cycling to lose weight, then look for a bike that will comfortably carry your weight. Also, look for one with an adjustable seat height in case more than one person in your household plans to use it.
Along with finding a sturdy bike to prevent injuries, look for bikes that enclose the flywheel and other mechanics. Having the mechanisms covered will keep little fingers from being pinched or seriously hurt if you have curious children. It will also prevent getting the end of sweatpants caught in the mechanisms as well.
When shopping for a stationary bike, use these considerations to find the best upright exercise bike to help achieve your fitness goals.
Last update on 2021-07-24 at 11:04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API