It appears everything happens at home these days, so it makes sense to double down on all the sitting and investigate under desk exercise bikes.
Working from home and avoiding people is nearly normal for many of us. However, missing out on the gym or other activities might lead to a sedentary lifestyle. But inactivity also increases the chances of diabetes, cardiovascular issues, and even anxiety and depression.
- 1 Under Desk Exercise Bikes: Let’s Get It Started
- 2 1. Vaunn Medical Folding Pedal Exerciser
- 3 2. Sunny Health & Fitness Under Desk Magnetic Cycle
- 4 3. FitDesk Under Desk Cycle
- 5 4. DeskCycle
- 6 5. FlexCycle Exercise Bike
- 7 6. Magnetic Under Desk Elliptical Peddler Exerciser
- 8 7. Cycool Portable Mini Exercise Bike
- 9 8. Marcy Cardio Mini-Cycle
- 10 9. BOOKCYCLE Mini Excersize Bike Pedal Exerciser
- 11 10. TABEKE Under Desk Bike Pedal Exerciser
- 12 Under Desk Exercise Bikes: Get Going While Staying Put
Under Desk Exercise Bikes: Let’s Get It Started
We all know exercise is good for our physical and emotional health. If you are desk-bound during the day, under desk exercise bikes offer opportunities to burn extra calories without leaving your home.
Also, some injuries require exercise as a part of physical therapy, and under desk exercise bikes may help.
Despite how easy it is to get in the extra activities, there are essential features to consider when investigating under desk exercise bikes that work best for your needs.
Size matters with under the desk exercise bikes
The size of under desk exercise bikes is an essential consideration because some desks do not allow for a lot of space.
Also, it would be best if you consider your height and length of your legs. It does no good if your knees hit the underneath of your desk while biking.
Resistance is futile
To be effective, under desk exercise bikes should have adjustable resistance so you can change the level to meet your needs.
Ease of use of under desk exercise bikes
If your resistance is adjustable but challenging to get to or adjust, you may look at your new under desk exercise bike as a nuisance.
Moreover, consider the grip of the pedals, as well as the size compared to your feet.
Also, let’s not forget anti-slip features, easy-to-read electronic displays, and portability.
Under the desk exercise bikes: Let’s put it all together
If you are like us, putting items together is a pain. Therefore, it is vital to consider the assembly of the under desk exercise bikes before purchasing. It is a hassle when the item intended to liberate you from your sedentary lifestyle becomes a source of frustration and insanity.
1. Vaunn Medical Folding Pedal Exerciser
Vaunn began making their Medical Folding Pedal Exerciser and other medical-grade equipment when they realized other companies were not considering customer feedback when designing equipment. Therefore, Vaunn invests heavily in customer feedback.
Vaunn’s under desk exercise bike’s design lends itself to at-home physical therapy. It is small enough to fit under your desk or to use at any chair.
Also, this peddler has a large resistance knob at the top with easy to see arrows indicating which way to turn for less or more resistance.
The bike features an LCD with a large enough font you can easily read and understand.
Furthermore, to add to its ease of use, this peddler folds away easily, has non-skid feet, and is very lightweight.
Vaunn designed this peddler as an upper-body arm exerciser, as well. Just set it on top of your table for a low impact arm workout.
This under the desk exercise bike will arrive fully assembled.
- SAFE & STABLE WITH LOWER HEIGHT- New model with wider base and heavy duty frame for increased stability and support...
- ENJOYMENT IN EXERCISE - Combine your favorite activities with your workout routine. Place your pedaler under your desk...
- LEGS & ARMS EXERCISER - Helps toned muscles, improves blood circulation, strengthen your shoulders, arms and legs.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness Under Desk Magnetic Cycle
Sunny Health & Fitness‘s under the desk exercise bike features a peak pedal height of 10 inches and has a 7-inch stride.
This peddler may appear a little larger than some, but it is just over 20 inches long, 16 inches wide, and just over 10 inches tall. Overall, it weighs 19 pounds and is still considered lightweight.
While a little on the heavy side, it features a handle at the top so you can move it around your home or put it on a table for an arm workout.
There is a resistance knob at the top just under the digital display that lets you know your speed, time, calories burned, and distance.
The pedals’ straps are adjustable, so this is an excellent option for various foot sizes.
Also, this under the desk exerciser is silent because it is belt-driven. You won’t have to worry about the noise distracting you from your work or television.
Assembly for this peddler is four bolts to tighten for the feet and pedals.
- LOW IMPACT: This under desk bike is a great way to incorporate lower body movement without putting pressure on joints....
- SMOOTH OPERATION: The Belt-drive mechanism and the 3.52lbs flywheel makes each stride simple.
- EASY TO STORE: Measuring 20.5 inches long and 10.5 inches tall, this mini exercise bike is easy to store and use under a...
3. FitDesk Under Desk Cycle
FitDesk has a fantastic contender for under desk exercise bikes, as well.
This peddler has a rotation height of just under 10 inches to work with lower desks. However, it is essential to consider your leg length, as well.
The dimensions of this option for under desk exercise bike is 16 inches wide, just under 25 inches deep, and 10 inches tall. It weighs less than 23 pounds.
This exercise bike has a foot shifter to raise and lower the resistance without reaching down for a knob.
Also, while the pedals do not have an adjustable strap to hold onto your feet, the pedals are large and non-slip for ease of use.
There is a meter that tells you information about your workout. This display mounts to the top of the cycle, or you can remove and set it on top of your desk.
Assembly is attaching the footplates making this option quick to set up.
- WORKS FOR MOST DESKS: The lowest pedal height is under 9.75 inches pedal rotation height and can work under desks as low...
- QUIET & SMOOTH: Smooth and whisper quiet bicycle pedal motion with balanced flywheel and twin belt drive that let you...
- HANDS-FREE ADJUSTMENT: 8 position magnetic resistance with foot shifter allows you for hands free tension adjustment....
Descycle offers their under desk exercise bike for your consideration.
This device is 24 inches by 20 inches by 10 inches and weighs in at 23 pounds. This option is the heaviest we have seen so far, but it is still very portable. You will need a desk at least 27 inches tall, so consider your desk height and your legs’ length with this one.
There are eight resistance settings, and you change the settings with a knob on the exercise bike base.
The pedals also include adjustable Velcro straps, so you do not have to worry about the size of your feet.
There is a digital display that shows you speed, time, and the distance you pedaled. The display attaches to the top of the cycler, but it is removable if you want it on top of your desk for easy viewing.
The flywheel for this under desk exercise bike is magnetic, which means it is very quiet.
Lastly, this bike does require assembly, but it is straightforward to manage.
- SMALL & SMART : Our quality under desk exercise machine keeps you focused, improves productivity and burns far more...
- ADVANCED DESIGN: With more than twice the resistance range of other foot pedal exercisers, our desk elliptical has 8...
- QUIET & SMOOTH: The DeskCycle desk bike uses premium magnetic resistance for a super smooth pedal motion. This desk...
5. FlexCycle Exercise Bike
LifePro has an under desk exercise bike that is 20.9 inches long, 17.5 inches wide, and 13.2 inches high. Furthermore, it weighs 18 pounds, making it portable.
There is a tension adjustment knob on the top of the machine with eight levels of resistance.
Also, this under desk exercise bike is non-slip and includes a strap to tether it on slick surfaces.
Furthermore, there is an LCD screen that allows you to track your workout information. If you prefer to track your stats with an app, several third-party apps are available to make tracking your workouts interesting.
If you are concerned about assembly, this option only needs you to put on the pedals and stabilizers before use.
- SMOOTH AND QUIET - our desk cycle is designed with a precision flywheel that's ultra-smooth and whisper quiet - so you...
- BONUS UPPER BODY EQUIPMENT - secure the included resistance bands to your machine or swap out the leg pedals for the...
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR RESISTANCE - whether your a beginner or pro, you can adjust the tension control knob to choose from 8...
6. Magnetic Under Desk Elliptical Peddler Exerciser
Sunny Health & Fitness has an under the desk elliptical to consider.
While this option is not technically a cycler, it is worth considering.
The difference between an elliptical and a cycler is the motion of the stride. A cycler has a circular motion, while an elliptical has a forward and back pattern of movement.
If you have limited space under your desk, you might consider the elliptical since the health benefits are the same.
The Summy Health option is 11 inches, by 24 inches, by 19 inches, making it very compact.
There are eight levels of resistance, and the adjuster knob is on the front.
The pedals are also textured, so you won’t worry about your feet slipping off, and the magnetic drive is super quiet.
Furthermore, the monitor is right above the knob and allows you to track your statistics while you pedal.
This machine comes fully assembled, so it is ready to go right out of the box.
- DIGITAL MONITOR: Track time, speed, calories, and distance using the centrally located digital monitor. Or chose the...
- BELT DRIVE MAGNETIC RESISTANCE: This elliptical pair a belt drive mechanism with magnetic resistance to give you a low...
- 8 LEVELS OF RESISTANCE: Choose between 8 levels of magnetic resistance using the tension knob to provide increased...
7. Cycool Portable Mini Exercise Bike
This portable bike by Cycool is 18.1 inches, by 13 inches, 7.87 inches, and weighs less than 9 pounds. Therefore, it is incredibly lightweight and portable.
This portable exerciser has adjustable resistance on the machine’s back, so it is a little more complicated to get to if it is under your desk.
However, the pedals have adjustable straps to handle all sorts of feet sizes.
There is a digital display that lets you know your workout stats. However, it is essential to note this information faces the same way as the resistance knob, so you cannot see it while you pedal. Ideally, you pedal while you work at your desk, so having constant information may not be necessary.
You can use this item for your arms when you set the exerciser on a table, and it has stabilizers, so you do not need to worry about it skipping around on the floor.
- 【Easy To Carry & Store】Compact design makes it easy to store under a desk or similar area.Also,mini exercise bike...
- 【Multifunction LCD Display】the LCD Display displays time, distance, count(number of turns),total count,and calories...
- 【Adjustable Resistance】you can adjust resistance based on your needs,it is perfect for the sedentary student or...
8. Marcy Cardio Mini-Cycle
The Marcy Cardio Mini-Cycle is another one of the under desk exercise bikes to consider.
This cycler is 19 inches, 14.5 inches, by 16.50 inches, and weighs 14 pounds.
There is a resistance knob so you can increase your tension, and while the pedals do not have straps, they are textured to keep your feet from slipping. Also, since this exerciser is for both upper and lower body workouts, the pedals have finger grooves built-in.
The LCD monitor also tells you all the information you need about your workout, and it is located right above the resistance knob.
Assembly includes adding the feet and the pedals, but Marcy sends you the tools to do so.
- ALL-IN-ONE CARDIO STATION: You don’t have to switch among various cardio stations with the Marcy Mini Cycle. Perfect...
- ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE KNOB: Designed for fitness enthusiasts of all skill levels, this cardio exercise machine comes...
- SPACE-SAVING TABLETOP DESIGN: Designed to let you experience comfortable and efficient training sessions, this cardio...
9. BOOKCYCLE Mini Excersize Bike Pedal Exerciser
This cycler by BOOKCYCLE is 13.8 inches, 16 inches, 12.6 inches, and weighs 13 pounds.
There is a tension knob at the front of the machine to raise and lower your resistance.
The monitor is straightforward to operate and gives you the essential information you need about your workout.
The feet are rubber so your machine stays put, and the pedals have adjustable straps to accommodate different foot sizes.
Also, this cycler is designed for upper body workouts, as well.
As far as assembly, you will add the two legs and the two pedals. The tools are included, so this is very easy to set up.
- 【COMPACT and PORTABLE】Compact designed makes it lightweight and portable, easily to store under desk or similar...
- 【LEG AND ARM EXERCIESR】Mini bike pedal exerciser is used for arms and legs cycling exercise at office or home to...
- 【LCD MONITOR】Multifunction LCD monitor display, easy to read LCD screen, displays Time, Distance(km), Count(number...
10. TABEKE Under Desk Bike Pedal Exerciser
The TABEKE Under Desk Bike Pedal Exerciser may seem low-tech, but it packs a punch.
The exerciser is 18.9 by 16.1 by 10.6 when it is fully set up. The exerciser is foldable, so it breaks down further. Also, the item weighs five pounds. Therefore, it can go pretty much anywhere you want.
There is a simple to use resistance knob to challenge yourself, and the foot pedals are no-slip, and they feature adjustable straps for your feet. The adjustability of the foot pedals adapts enough to accommodate feet in bandages or medical boots.
There is an LCD screen to keep you up to date on your stats.
Furthermore, despite this exerciser being so lightweight, it features non-skid feet to keep it in place. Moreover, it comes with a strap to fix the peddler to the floor, if need be.
- 💪【CONVENIENT & PORTABLE】 The peddler exerciser is fully assembled, which saves your time and effort. Product...
- 💪【SAFE & STABLE】Sponge covers can effectively insulate heat without hurting your body. Four non-slip rubber pads...
- 💪【LCD MONITOR】 Bike pedal exerciser is equipped with an large LCD display, it tracks time, count, RPM, and...
Under Desk Exercise Bikes: Get Going While Staying Put
Between staying at home and missing out on time at the gym, it is vital to be creative about keeping moving.
Therefore, it makes sense to look into under desk exercise bikes.
Fortunately, there are many from which to choose. However, you might evaluate the features compared to your specific needs before deciding.
Size is a consideration, especially if you are working with a short desk or small spaces.
Also, portability and the adjustability of the pedals come into play in decision making.
In the end, your under desk exercise bike will help you stay active even when you must stay in your seat.
Which one of our under desk exercise bikes did you choose? Answer in the comments.
A teacher by trade, Victoria Caine splits her free time between freelance writing, her camping blog, and (frantically) guiding her teenagers into becoming functional adults.
Last update on 2022-01-31 at 23:57 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API